Tenth International Workshop on Creativity in Requirements Engineering (CreaRE 2021)
Date: 12 April 2021, collocated with REFSQ’21
Looking forward for interactive sessions?
Want to be at the forefront of research on creativity?
Come to the 10th edition of CreaRE!
Submission Deadline has been Extended
The submission deadline has been extended by one week. The new submission deadline is: Monday, February 15, 2021. Please consider submitting your work to the 10th International Workshop on Creativity in Requirements Engineering (CreaRE 2021).
The workshop brings together the topics creativity and requirements. Workshop topics include, but are not restricted to:
- Analyzing how the global Covid-19 pandemic has advanced creativity in doing RE, for example through changes in our communication, collaboration, co-creation, and tool use
- Creativity techniques / methods / formats to identify and weigh conflicting ethical concerns in the context of RE
- Creative use of techniques originally designed for other purposes, but now applied as RE techniques, and/or creativity enhancers, especially for requirements elicitation
- The application of known creativity techniques in RE activities
- Promoting stakeholder participation in RE activities through creativity techniques
- Emerging ideas for new or adapted creativity techniques for RE activities
- Creativity in online settings, using the creativity of the crowd
- Gamification and creativity for RE
- Using creativity techniques to measure and enhance user experience
- Tool support for creativity enhancement
- Context dependency of creativity and creativity techniques
- Experiences with and considerations about creativity techniques in RE in industry
- RE techniques that enable or support creativity
February 8, 2021: paper and interactive session proposal submission deadline
- February 15, 2021: extended paper and interactive session proposal submission deadline
- March 1, 2021: author notification
- April 12, 2021: workshop collocated with REFSQ 2021 (virtual)
Paper Submission and Evaluation Criteria
We invite three types of submissions: position papers, full papers, and proposals for interactive sessions. Every type should treat a topic from the workshop themes.
- Proposal for an interactive session (1–3 pages): Proposal for an interactive session such as a game, method demonstration, role playing, or mini-tutorial of 20–30 minutes which can be executed at the workshop, including the participation of up to 20 persons. The proposal should be designed to support physical, virtual and hybrid workshop settings.
- Position paper (3–6 pages): Short paper, stating the position of the author(s) on any of the workshop topics. For example, a position paper could describe an experiment or a case study in industry. A position paper will be evaluated on its potential for generating discussion, on practical relevance and on the originality of the positions stated. A position paper can be used also to describe emerging ideas on how creativity should be performed, in which case it will be evaluated based on its relevance, originality and sound argumentation.
- Full paper (8–10 pages): Full paper evaluating an experience (in industry) or describing the results of a research effort. A full paper will be evaluated for innovativeness of the proposed ideas and for technical soundness.
Each submission should be in the CEUR-ART style for one-column, available as LaTeX files, Overleaf template, and Word template. See http://ceur-ws.org/Vol-XXX/ for more information.
- LaTeX files: http://ceur-ws.org/Vol-XXX/CEURART.zip
- Overleaf template: https://www.overleaf.com/read/gwhxnqcghhdt
- Word template: http://ceur-ws.org/Vol-XXX/CEUR-Template-1col.docx
Submissions will be accepted via EasyChair: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=creare2021.
The papers will be published in the REFSQ workshop proceedings at CEUR.
Each submission will be reviewed by three members of the Program Committee.
Past Editions of the Workshop
- CreaRE 2010 at REFSQ 2010
- CreaRE 2012 at REFSQ 2012
- CreaRE 2013 at REFSQ 2013
- CreaRE 2014 at REFSQ 2014
- CreaRE 2015 at REFSQ 2015
- CreaRE 2017 at REFSQ 2017
- CreaRE 2018 at REFSQ 2018
- CreaRE 2019 at REFSQ 2019
- CreaRE 2020 at REFSQ 2020
- Sebastian Adam, OSSENO Software GmbH, Germany
- Raian Ali, Hamad Bin Khalifa University, Qatar
- Carina Alves, Universidade Federal de Pernambuco, Brazil
- Dan Berry, University of Waterloo, Canada
- Jennifer Horkoff, Chalmers | University of Gothenburg, Sweden
- Meira Levy, Shenkar College, Israel
- Luisa Mich, University of Trento, Italy
- Anitha PC, QC Consulting Group, Bangalore India
- Kurt Schneider, Leibniz University Hannover, Germany
- Andrea Herrmann, AKAD University, Germany
- Eduard C. Groen, Fraunhofer IESE, Germany
- Maya Daneva, University of Twente, the Netherlands
- Patrick Mennig, Fraunhofer IESE, Germany